Followers

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Why Do We Talk To Our Dogs?


Bewildered Dog



Why do we talk to Rover? Why? Do we expect a reply? Im not talking about say “whos a good doggy moggy woggy boooy!” No more like “You ok? Would you like to go outside?” “Look at the tv Rover theres a monkey!” Also I have come to the conclusion that dogs do not understand the concept of pointing. I would point at the antelope on the tv and my dog would look out the window!

Anyway I am not putting anybody down if they do, lets be honest, we all do it! Its not like the traditional view of “crazy lonely cat woman” either I and many others I know actively have full on conversations with their dogs when other humans who are capable of a reply are there! The modern dog has become like another child to family, a sibling to some and even in some cases a nephew or niece!

We also indulge our dogs more then ourselves. My dog gets a haircut that is several times more expensive then mine. And the fact that my dog owns clothes when she has her own perfect coat already just doesnt make sense. And the food! She eats free range turkey breast soaked in lavender sauce and topped off with gold leaf mousse, and I eat 3 double downs at the back of KFC! Thats as nice as I get these days with all my money going towards my dogs festive hats!

Do I resent my dog? Yes, yes I do, she lounges around all day scratching her head and barking, and yet she lives a life better then most humans including myself ever could dream of, but we still love our precious muts no matter what.

Anyway got to go, my dog has a manicure in an hour. Thanks good bye!

4 comments:

  1. HILARIOUS!! I was laughing at what you wrote because (unfortunately) it is so true. I'm not ashamed to admit that I actually talk to my dog as if he understands or is going to respond. The pointing thing... Yeah, I have done that... And, the funny thing is, if my dog actually did respond.... IT WOULD FREAK ME OUT!!

    I don't what I am trying to gain from it :p

    Thanks for posting :)

    http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for your comment means a lot. Glad you enjoyed my post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! That is too funny! And your pics are really cool. You do have some talent there! I wish I knew more about blogging. I am still learning. I would like to put a link from one of my blogs to yours. If you want to explain it to me....Let me know. My email is country4you2@yahoo.com, and my sight is http://grumpygrumps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dawn glad you enjoyed it!
    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete