Followers

Friday 11 March 2011

Walking Down The Street

Walking down the street, it's a dangerous endeavour as I am sure you are aware of. Whether you are dodging the polka dot chewing gum paths, the crazy man screaming about how the government has let him down (even though he dropped out of school at  9 years old) or tip toeing over and around the seeminly endless stream of dog mess. Now we are expected to do all these tasks AND notice that your friend's mother Sally is waving out of her 2001 Ford Windstar at you!? Its an impossible task, and since you havent waved back at Sally she thinks you and her precious son Steven are after having a row! Now, i'm sorry Sally, but seriously me and Steven are cool! We really are! We were playing lacrosse together yesterday remember? We embraced at the end of the match? I think you can understand right? But do you know what is worse then not waving at Sally though?

Its walking on the sidewalk and seeing somebody you know walking towards but being in two minds whether to say hello or to pretend to text somebody (aka looking at your calender). This person gets ever closer with each step and your sweaty palm slowly goes inside your pocket just itching to press that 'shortcut to calender button'. You kind of know this person,. I mean they aren't your best friend or anything but you think they are a nice person, you definetly know their name and you know they know yours, but yet sometimes I feel its best to just cross the road and avoid an awkward moment. But I promise I will say hi next time!

Finally I would like to know what you are out of these categorys, they are a bit specific however:
I for one am the last option.
1) Sally: Lookout world! I feel like carmelized sunshine and I am making eye contact with everybody, nobody can dodge my friendly compliments they are like ninja death kisses. Be careful I have got a bug and the only cure is a great big hug!
2) Butch: You want trouble? Coz' you got it! I am a shoulder bashing, scar havin', scary guy. And I am throwing shapes like a drunk dad at a wedding who has just been informed YMCA has come on. Although I do like to travel in groups because I am a bit of a coward!
3) Mindin' My Own Business: Walking down the street staring at my feet, I don't want any troublenas I am only like 5'6 after all, I just wanna get to the fruit and vegetable shop, gets some overpriced peaches and then burn my peach pie.

Anyway enough of that now, sorry about the late blog if you have been following me. But thanks for the support and if you could leave a comment or a reaction that would seriously make my day. Thanks for reading it means a lot! Cya Soon!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you very much! Means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! been following your blog... keep posting!

    http://todrawneargod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks appreciate it! Ill be sure to check out yours as well.

    ReplyDelete